- 10 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (almond extract is good too)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (or any citrus zest - optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour (all purpose or whole wheat pastry flour)
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Set your Madeleine Tray on the perforated baking sheet.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly. Using your bon COOK whisk or an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together just until combined. Beat in the vanilla, lemon zest and salt. Then add the flour slowly until blended. Gradually pour in the melted butter just until blended.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each madeleine mold. I like to use my pastry bag to fill each madeleine shape. Bake until puffed and a light golden brown around the edges and on the bottom, which is about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool and then enjoy plain or use the suggestions below to garnish.
Many optional additions:
- Powdered sugar to garnish using the Sift and Go
- Chocolate chips melted in the mini cake mold for dipping Madeleines in, let set on Roul’pat
- Add some oil to the chocolate for more flavor, white chocolate with Tahitian lime is amazing and dark chocolate with blood orange is great too. Just add about 1-2 tsp to 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Add some citrus zest using our (le petit grater) to coconut and dip in the coconut after dipping in chocolate