Zesty Mediterranean Turkey & Veggie Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium grated zucchini
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Zesty Mediterranean Herb Blend
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 25.5 oz. jars of favorite Marinara Sauce
- FRENCH PANTRY freshly ground pepper to taste
5 in 45 Preparation: Prepare ahead of time and save in medium Be Save container to eat anytime in the week OR prepare meat mixture and save in medium Be Save container to make fresh the day you want to serve them.
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Place Large Bonmat onto Large Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
- Wash Parsley and use Eco-Chop to dry and then chop. Place Ground Turkey in the Stainless Mixing Bowl. Using Eco Chop, grate zucchini and carrot and add to the ground turkey. Add in remaining ingredients and hand-mix. Form into meatballs (I like them smaller) and place on the Bonmat. This makes approximately 32 small/medium size meatballs with all of them fitting on one Large Bonmat.
- Depending on the size of the meatball, bake for 20-30 mins (the size I make takes about 20 minutes).
- While meatballs are baking, empty 2 jars of marinara into a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally. Once meatballs are done baking, add them to the marinara and stir to coat. Cook on simmer for another 15-20 mins, stirring periodically.
- Serve over zucchini noodles made with the Mandoline, spaghetti squash or pasta!
Note: The meatballs can be made ahead of time and kept in the freezer. Defrost before adding them to the marinara sauce.