- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon rosemary basil thyme herb blend
- 1 round of refrigerated pie crust dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon slivered basil
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cut zucchini into thin slices using your mandoline. Place on a paper towel, sprinkle with some salt and let sit for 30 minutes. Paper towel will soak up water. Mix the cheeses, garlic & herbs in a bowl.
Roll dough on roul’pat into a 12-14 inch round. Transfer to bonMat. Spread cheese mixture over the dough leaving a 2-inch border. Layer the zucchini over the ricotta mixture. Drizzle with basil oil over zucchini. Fold the border over the filling, pleating the edge. The center will be open. Brush crust with beaten egg. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Scatter basil on top before serving.