Zesty Meditteranean Veggie Soup
- 8 cups veggie stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper or jalapeno pepper, diced
- 3 small sweet potatoes or gold potatoes
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn (optional)
- 1- Tablespoons Zesty Mediterranean herb blend
- 1-2 teaspoons Sel Gris sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- Optional: several handfuls of spinach or greens
- Optional: 2-3 Tablespoons Harissa Oil
Prep your veggies by hand dicing and chopping or use your Eco Chop to prep veggies. I prefer to use my Eco Chop. I also like to sauté my veggies in Harissa Oil before adding the veggie stock to the instant pot. If you decide to sauté first, add Harissa Oil to your Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Add all veggies to oil and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except spinach and only half the lime) at this point.
If you choose not to sauté can simply combine all ingredients except the spinach and only half the lime juice in your Instant Pot. Lock the lid into place. Select Manual, adjust the pressure to high and the time to 3 minutes. After cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure. Unlock and remove lid.
To finish the soup, stir in the remaining lime juice and spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted.