Minestrone Soup (Instant Pot)
- 2 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Oil of choice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (can substitute winter squash)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Sel Gris Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Roasted Onion & Red Pepper Herb Blend (can sub Rosemary, Basil & Thyme or zesty Mediterranean)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 head kale (stemmed & chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: pesto or chopped fresh basil & parmesan cheese
- Set IP to saute and drop in oil, onion, carrot, celery, salt and herbs. Allow to saute 3-4 minutes then drop in remaining ingredients except kale, parsley and only half of the lemon juice.
- Secure lid and set IP for 7 minutes high pressure.
- Do a quick pressure release and stir in kale, parsley and the remaining half of lemon juice. Stir and allow kale to wilt.
- Serve with a spoonful of pesto (or chopped fresh basil) and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.