Breakfast Sausage Strata
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (cut into 1-2 inch cubes)
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1-2 lbs ground breakfast sausage
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and chopped in Eco Chop)
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ tsp. ground mustard
- Optional add 1-2 Tbl of French Pantry Herb Blend
In our Stainless Mixing Bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasoning together.
Sprinkle ¼ cup of the cheese on the bottom of you Sunflower Mold. Add 1/3 of the bread pieces. Sprinkle with approx. 1/3 of the bacon and sausage and pour 1/3 of the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with approx. 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used and Sunflower Mold is full. Place an octagonal bon Mat on top of mixture and gently press ingredients into the mold. Let sit in your fridge overnight.
The next morning, remove the Strada from the fridge approx. 30 minutes before baking and preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 60-75 minutes (45 with the octagonal bonmat on top and the remaining 15-30 minutes with it off).