Tomato Bacon Tartlet
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (homemade with Eco Chop)
- 1/2 cup bacon (chopped with Eco Chop)
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp dried or fresh basil
- 1 refrigerated piecrust dough (or homemade pie crust dough)
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees. Place the Mini Tartlet Tray on the Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
- Prepare tomato and onion as listed above.
- In the Mixing Bowl, combine first six ingredients together until blended.
- On the Roul’Pat, roll out piecrust so you can see the Roul’pat lettering through the dough using the Beechwood Rolling Pin. Use the Dough Cutter to cut circles out of the piecrust. Place cutouts in the Mini Tartlet Tray. Press each one down with the Shaper. Fill each piecrust with tomato mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup oil of choice (I like to use a combination of avocado oil and our French Pantry Rosemary Oil)
Place the egg, vinegar, mustard and lemon juice in your Eco Chop (or immersion blender). Blend until mixed. VERY SLOWLY add a little oil at a time (start with 1-2 Tablespoons and move up from there slowly). Once your mixture emulsifies into mayonnaise you can add you remaining oil and blend until desired thickness. Once you try homemade mayo, you will never buy it again. Another great combination is our Rosemary Oil with the Garlic Oil. This is great saved in your small be save container and stays fresh for over a week.