- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Sel Gris salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs (panko works well)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut lengthwise into 1-inch strips and pounded gently until about 1/3-inch thick
- Put the flour in your stainless mixing bowl and season generously with salt and pepper — stir through with a fork.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a second mixing bowl, add the parmesan and oregano, and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir through until everything is well-combined.
- Crack the eggs into a third mixing bowl and beat them with your whisk.
- Pat dry your chicken with a paper towel to remove excess moisture before beginning.
- Coat each of the chicken strips with the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them in the egg mixture, and then in the breadcrumbs, pressing lightly so that the breadcrumbs adhere. As you finish each one, set each aside on a plate or bonMat.
- Heat the oven to 450° F. Place either your deep flexiflat or grande round mold on a perforated baking sheet) Add 4 tablespoons of butter to your flexiplan. Place the pan in the oven to heat butter. When the butter has finished foaming and just starts to brown, gently lay the chicken strips in the butter. Cook for 10 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown and crispy. Use tongs to turn them over and cook for another 10 minutes, until both sides are evenly brown and the chicken is cooked through. Add more butter as needed.
- These are excellent served alone or with a honey mustard made with our French Pantry Lavender Honey.