- 6 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 yeast packets (I use the rapid rise yeast)
- 1 Tablespoon Sel Gris Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil (I like to use the French Pantry Tuscan Herb or Rosemary Oil)
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Add warm water and olive oil to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Cover with your bon Mat and let rise for 2-3 hours (or use a speed method of placing a bowl of water in your microwave, heating it to boiling and then add the bowl of dough to the microwave and allow the steam to speed up the rising process)
4. You will know the dough is ready because it will start to raise then begin to flatten on top or even begin to collapse.
5. I use about a 1/8 – ¼ cup of flour on my Roul’pat because this dough is very sticky. Divide the dough into desired shapes on the Roul’pat, fold a couple times until smooth. I like to divide into two rounds and I place one in my medium/large round mold and another in my deep dish silform mold. Make sure your molds are sitting on your perforated baking sheet.
6. Cover dough with your bon Mat and then cover with a damp hot dish towel (I heat in the microwave for about 60 seconds) and let rise for 30 minutes. In the meantime preheat your over to 450.
7. Bake at 450 for about 25-30 minutes. Cover with your bon Mat for the first 20-25 minutes and then remove the bon Mat for the last 5 minutes. Enjoy!