Individual Chicken Pot Pies
- Pie dough for double crust pie (homemade is best but store bought works too)
- 1/3 cup peas, carrots, corn, pearl onions
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp French pantry herb blend of choice (I love our Pot Herbs)
- Sel Gris or bon Flake Salt of choice and pepper (I love the garlic salt flakes)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare pie dough as needed.
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour, salt, herb blend and pepper to taste. Add broth and milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. While that is cooking and thickening, cook peas, carrots, corn and onions in your large round mold with an octagonal bonmat on top in the microwave for 5 minutes. Drain veggies. Add chicken and veggies to sauce.
Using your Roul’pat, roll dough to create 6 circles that are 5-6 inches in diameter and then 6 circles using the largest fluted round cutter for the tops. Place 6 inch circles into each shape of the Round Tray. Fill with ½ cup filling. Top each with fluted large round pastry circle and make two slits on top of the dough.
Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until dough is golden.
Let cool slightly before unmolding and enjoy!