- 2 cups sifted flour (gluten free cup for cup flour works too)
- 1/2 tsp Sel Gris sea salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 4-7 tbsp water (depends on measurements and moisture in air)
- Sift flour and salt into your stainless mixing bowl. Using your magnetic measuring trio, measure 2/3 cups shortening and add to flour. Using your bon COOK Masher, cut shortening into flour mixture. Once shortening is evenly cut (looks like pea size crumbs) then slowly add water 1 Tbsp at a time using your bon COOK Blender Spatula. Once the dough forms a smooth ball then you know you have enough water.
- The dough should be smooth and not wet. You can use the dough at this time for pies or tartlets. You can also freeze the dough or place in the fridge to use within a few days.