Pineapple Cake with Rum Glaze
- 16 oz can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp rum
For Rum Glaze:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple syrup
- 2 tbsp rum
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Drain pineapple well, reserving the syrup for glaze. Stir Bisquick, sifted flour, and baking soda together and set aside. Beat sugar, sour cream, softened butter and vanilla together for 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat 1 additional minute. add flour mixture and beat 1 additional minute. Mix in drained pineapple and rum.
- Place mold of choice on perforated baking sheet. Pour batter into mold. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- While cake is baking, prepare glaze.
- Combine sugar, butter, and reserved syrup in saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Remove saucepan from heat and add rum. Set aside.
- Remove cake from oven and spoon about half the glaze over the cake while still in mold. Let stand about 10 minutes and then invert cake onto serving plate. Spoon the remaining glaze over cake. Cool before cutting.
Lighter Variation Pineapple Cake:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pinapple (reserve ¼ cup juice for sauce if you want but use the rest of the juice in the cake)
- 3 eggs