Mango Couscous Salad
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 mango (chopped in Eco Chop) – equivalent to approx. 1 cup mango
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped in Eco Chop)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup red onion (chopped in Eco Chop)
- 1 Tablespoon Tahitian Lime Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Mango While Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon French Pantry Lavender Honey
- 1 tsp. Sel Gris Salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
Cook couscous ahead of time and allow to chill before preparing salad. I like to cook mine in my round mold in the microwave, but you can also prepare couscous on the stove top or follow instructions on package. I place 1 cup of couscous in my medium round mold and add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and then cover with my octagonal bonMat. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. If all of the water is absorbed then transfer to the fridge to chill. If the water is not absorbed then cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with fork once water is absorbed. I like to transfer my couscous to our stainless mixing bowl at this point.
Chop Mango in Eco Chop and add to chilled couscous.
Chop cilantro & onion in Eco Chop and add to couscous as well.
Add remaining ingredients to Eco Chop to mix and pour over couscous. Stir to combine and add more salt as needed. Enjoy right away or save in your large be Save to be enjoyed for several days.