Rainbow Salad with Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 3 Tbsp French Pantry Oil of choice (I like Meyer Lemon)
- 3 Tbsp French Pantry White Vinegar of choice (I like Apple White)
- 2 tsp French Pantry Herb Blend of choice (I like Dill & Lemon)
Add water, salt, and rinsed quinoa to Large Round Mold. Place Octagonal Silpat on top for a lid and place in the microwave on a microwave safe plate. Cook for 8 minutes, fluff and cook for an additional 8 minutes or until most of the moisture is absorbed. Remove from microwave and leave the lid on for an additional 5 minutes for any remaining moisture to absorb. Place mold in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
In the meantime, prepare the veggies and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and seasonings. Once the quinoa is cool, fold in the veggies and dressing. Serve cold.