Perfect Cut Out Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk (you can use coconut milk if you like)
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 drop of lemon juice or small amount of extract of choice (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together completely. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. Place dough on Rectangular Roul’Pat with Large Perforated Baking Sheet underneath the Roul’pat. If you have an extra roul’pat, set it under the baking sheet so it doesn’t slide. Roll dough out using our Beechwood Rolling Pin across long portion of Perforated Baking Sheet, which will roll your dough out at the specific height needed (about 1/8″ thick). Use dough cutter to cut shapes. Place cut shapes on your large silpat that is now sitting on your large perforated baking sheet.
- (Optional: Do not remove extra dough around shapes yet; place all in freezer for 15 minutes. Remove from freezer; pull away unshaped dough from around cookies, and transfer cookies on to Silpat/Perforated Baking Sheet.)
- Bake cookies at 350°F degrees for 10-12 minutes. Once cooled, prepare glaze.
- Mix all ingredients together using your mini whisk. If consistency isn’t just perfect, you may add a dab of milk to make it thinner. If it’s too thin, add a dab of powdered sugar. At this point, add your food coloring of choice. Definitely use a gel or paste and not a liquid food coloring.
- Cookies are then dipped upside down into glaze; pick straight up and let extra glaze drip off. Use your mini spatula to control the excess glaze. Immediately place on your cooling rack or Roul’Pat to dry. If there are any air bubbles, use toothpick to burst them. This is also a time to add extra sprinkles or decorations if desired.
- Let dry for about 1 hour; cookies can then be stacked and stored! Enjoy!