- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cubed & put in freezer while you prepare other ingredients
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1 egg
To Serve: French Pantry Lavender Honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degree.
- Place bonMAT on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add butter and work in with a fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles a course pea-sized meal. You want to see pieces of butter still intact as this in insure flaky scones. Stir in blueberries and set aside.
- In a small bowl. whisk together sour cream and egg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients into the well. Stir until just combined. Do not overwork your dough or your scones will be tough.
- Turn dough out onto a Roul’pat. Split the dough into two equal parts and press/form dough into two 1″ tick rounds. Use your cake server knife to cut the scones into 8 equal wedges like a pie.
- Place scones at least 1″ apart on the bonMAT. Bake 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool 20-30 minutes. Serve with butter and French Pantry Lavender Honey.