Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 pounds or 8 cups, cubed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Dash cayenne, optional
- Heat oven to 425°F degrees and place on Deep Flexiflat.
- Toss squash cubes with olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cayenne until well coated. Tumble coated squash onto Deep Flexiflat and spread into one layer. Try not to crowd them or they will not brown.
- Bake squash until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender; 40 to 45 minutes. (Since ovens can often run hotter than you have heated them to, check the squash every so often to make sure they are not roasting quicker than expected).
bon TIP: Poke small holes in the squash with cake server knife and microwave for about 5 minutes, this makes the squash easier to peel, cut, and cooks a little faster.