Chicken Apple Sausage with Seasonal Vegetables
- Any fall veggies of choice: Sweet potatoes, Parsnips, Purple potatoes, Butternut squash, Red onion, Brussel sprouts
- 1 pkg Chicken Apple Sausage (4 link size)
- 2-3 tbsp Rosemary Oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Traditional Balsamic (or balsamic of choice)
- 1 tsp Sel Gris sea salt
- Chop all veggies to the desired thickness to allow them to all cook evenly. I would recommend approx. 1 inch cubes for the root veggies and cutting the Brussels sprouts in 1/2 or 1/4 if very large.
- Toss all veggies in Mixing Bowl with oil to cover them. Place in Deep Flexiflat or Grande Round mold. Sprinkle with sea salt. Roast at 400°F for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add chicken sausage sliced into pieces. Roast an additional 20 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, drizzle with balsamic of choice and toss to incorporate the balsamic with the veggies. Enjoy!
Tip: If you like your Brussels more crispy, you can also saute them in a little oil on the stove top before placing in the oven to roast. When I do this, I saute the brussels in a stainless fry pan with a couple tablespoons of oil or butter for about 5-6 minutes over medium heat. Then I like to add some thinly sliced red onions to the brussels and let those cook for a couple minutes before adding the brussels/onion mixture to the sweet potatoes or squash.