1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs (or Ener-G egg replacer is what we use)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour (separated 2 cups + 1/4 cup)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch or two of salt
1 bag (2 cups) semi sweet chocolate chips
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs or equivalent egg replacer and vanilla. Then add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Last add chocolate chips with the remaining 1/4 cup flour.
Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
Scoop equal amounts of dough on your bonMat (that is sitting on your perforated baking sheet). Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your cookie.
My top tips from many years of baking and perfecting the chocolate chip cookie:
- Must use quality ingredients (butter, pure vanilla extract)
- Must measure correctly, many folks scoop their flour directly into the measuring cup and that’s a big no no. You must spoon the flour into the measuring cup.
- Dough must be chilled for at least 30 minutes
- All equal size scoops of dough
- Must bake on a bonMAT or silpat with the perforated baking sheet.
- Do not over bake!!! I pull mine out when they look like they are not quite done. I like big cookies so mine take about 10-12 minutes at 350. A more normal size cookie would only take 8-9 minutes.