Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (or Ener-G egg replacer is what we use)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour (separated 2 cups + 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- pinch of salt
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs or equivalent egg replacer and vanilla. Then add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Last add chocolate chips with the remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop equal amounts of dough on your bonMat (that is sitting on your perforated baking sheet). Bake at 350°F degrees for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your cookie.
My top tips from many years of baking and perfecting the chocolate chip cookie:
- Must use quality ingredients (butter, pure vanilla extract)
- Must measure correctly, many folks scoop their flour directly into the measuring cup and that’s a big no no. You must spoon the flour into the measuring cup.
- Dough must be chilled for at least 30 minutes
- All equal size scoops of dough
- Must bake on a bonMAT or silpat with the perforated baking sheet.
- Do not over bake!!! I pull mine out when they look like they are not quite done. I like big cookies so mine take about 10-12 minutes at 350. A more normal size cookie would only take 8-9 minutes.