Brown Sugar Pecan Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup pecans (optional) finely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place Fluted Square Mold on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Set aside. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. With the electric mixer on low add the flour mixture one spoonful at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
Directions for brown sugar streusel:
- Mix brown sugar, nuts, cinnamon and flour until incorporated. Stir in melted butter until crumbly.
Directions for assembling the cake:
- Add 1/3 streusel to the bottom of fluted mold. Add half of the cake batter. Then layer 1/3 streusel. Top with remaining batter and with remaining streusel. Bake 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let cake cool cake in mold then turn cake out onto a serving plate.