Fresh Mozzarella Chicken w/Roasted Tomatoes
- 6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (I like thin chicken breasts so if yours are huge, I would only use 3 and cut them in half horizontally)
- 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 10 fresh Basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons FRENCH PANTRY Rosemary, Basil, Thyme Herb Blend
- 2 tablespoons FRENCH PANTRY oil of choice (Rosemary, Tuscan Herb and Roasted Garlic are my favorite)
- FRENCH PANTRY Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, to taste
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ball of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced into 6 rounds
- Wild Garlic Flake Salt to finish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place Deep Flexiflat on a Medium or Large Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
Wash and pat tomatoes dry and place in the Stainless Mixing Bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon each of herb blend, above oil of choice, and 1-2 grinds of salt and pepper. Mix to coat and pour onto the Deep Flexiflat.
Place chicken in the same mixing bowl and add the additional tablespoon of oil, herb blend, and another grind or two of salt and pepper. Make sure both sides of the chicken are coated well with everything. Place chicken on the Deep Flexiflat in a single layer and bake in the oven until tomatoes start to blister and begin to burst, 15-20 minutes
Remove from oven and place a slice of mozzarella over each chicken breast. Bake until cheese melts and thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast has reached 160 degrees F (it will carryover cook to get to 165 degrees F).
Once removed from the oven, sprinkle tomatoes and chicken with basil and drizzle over FRENCH PANTRY Traditional Balsamic Vinegar to taste. Add a pinch of the Wild Garlic Flake Salt (crumble between fingers and sprinkle all over).
Serve alone, over creamy polenta, on a bed of arugula, or with crusty bread!