Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 Sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2-1/2 lbs Butternut Squash, peeled, halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Tuscan Herb Oil
- FRENCH PANTRY Natural Flake Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1-3/4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1-3/4 cups Water
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place Large Bonmat on a Large Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
In the Stainless Mixing Bowl, toss Butternut Squash with oil and season with Natural Flake Salt (crush between fingers) and pepper. Mix and place on Bonmat in a single layer and roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat, flipping once using our Versatile Tongs, until brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels; discard fat from pot but do not wipe clean.
In the same pot as above, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 15 minutes. Add roasted squash, thyme, 1 Tbsp sea salt, broth, and water; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 mins. Discard thyme.
Working in batches, puree soup in a blender (or use an immersion blender), until very smooth. Return soup to pot and season with salt and pepper as needed; cover to keep warm. Crumble the crispy bacon and add to soup when serving.