- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 1 1/2 cups apple butter
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F degrees and place your bonMat on the Perforated Baking Sheet.
- Roll out the first sheet of puff pastry dough on Roul’pat a little thinner to create a 10” by 14” sheet. Place puff pastry sheet on the Bonmat (this is easily done by wrapping the sheet around the rolling pin, transferring it to the Bonmat and unrolling) and spread the apple butter on top of the dough. Place the second puff pastry sheet on top of the apple butter. Set in the fridge or in the freezer for a few minutes to make it easy to cut.
- Cut the sheet into a tall triangle, tree shape, using the Cake Server Knife or kitchen scissors. Gently remove the cutoff sides and place back on the Roul’pat. Cut a piece of the extra sides to use for the tree trunk and using star cutter, cut out a star for the top. Attach the trunk to the bottom of the tree by pressing the dough together. Cut equal strips on each side of the tree leaving the center intact.
- Gently twist each strip. Melt the butter in the Mini Cake Mold and using your Silicone Pastry Brush, brush the butter on the tart. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle on tart. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup bringing the sugar and the water to a boil, set aside. Mix the powdered sugar with 1 tsp of water for the icing. When the tart is baked, brush with the syrup and drizzle some icing with the drizzle spoon.
*bon Tip: Make it sweet or savory by changing the filling! Pumpkin, fruit preserves, pesto, cheese, salami or a tapenade filling just to name a few