Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (4-5 lbs)
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest (approx. zest of 1 lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 4 Tbl FRENCH PANTRY oil of choice (I like to use the Garlic, Rosemary or Tuscan Oil)
- 2 Tbl FRENCH PANTRY herb blend of choice (I like to use the Rosemary, Basil & Thyme Blend)
- Salt & Pepper as desired to taste
- 1 medium onion (sliced thinly with your Mandoline)
- 1-2 cups Fingerling Potatoes
Preheat oven to 425°F degrees. Place your Flexipan Grande Round Mold (or Mold of choice) on your Perforated Baking Sheet.
Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towels and set in Grande Round Mold. Place sliced onions around and under chicken. Place washed potatoes in your Stainless Mixing Bowl and set aside.
Using your Mini Herb Chopper, finely chop the lemon zest, garlic & thyme. In a small bowl, add lemon zest mixture to the 4 Tbl of oil and herb blend, combine well and add salt & pepper as desired. Pour ½ of the oil/herb mixture on your potatoes and toss to coat potatoes. Add the remaining oil/herb mixture on your chicken, separating the skin of the chicken to add the oil/herb mixture under the skin. Add the potatoes to the Grande Round Mold around the chicken. If needed, you can add more oil and FRENCH PANTRY herb blend on the chicken.
Roast Chicken for 45 minutes and then turn oven temp down to 325°F degrees and continue roasting approx. 25-35 minutes (depending on size of your chicken) until your digital thermometer reads between 160°F-165°F degrees. (I have found if I pull my chicken out at 160°F then it rises to 165°F once it’s out of the oven).
Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with onions and potatoes.