Chocolate Chip Cookie A La Mode
For the cookie dough:
- 1 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened (or butter flavored shortening or 2/3 c. each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
For Balsamic Reduction:
- 1 cup FRENCH PANTRY Strawberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Strawberries or other toppings
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Place Small Heart, Tender Heart Mold, or other small mold on Medium Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
For cookie dough:
- In Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl whisk together the butter or shortening, sugars, vanilla, and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry Ingredients, and with the Heat Resistant Spatula fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon half of the dough into Tender Heart Mold or other mold. Press down dough and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes then flip over onto large serving plate.
- Scoop ice cream of your choice over the top and drizzle balsamic reduction over the ice cream. Garnish with fresh fruit If desired.
For cookie dough cups:
- Spoon cookie dough into the wells of the Straight Muffin Tray. Press down and smooth out the tops. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2-5 minutes. With the Shaper, press down the center to create a bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes or longer. Pushing up from the bottom, gently remove the cookies from each well. Place 1 scoop of ice cream on top and drizzle balsamic reduction and strawberries over the top.
- For the balsamic reduction:
- Heat the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer until thick, syrupy, and reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Or cook in Mini Cake Mold in microwave, about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Note: Any leftover dough can be portioned by the spoonful onto a Bonmat and frozen. Then peel off and store in freezer container for later use.