FRENCH PANTRY Orange Avocado Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves washed and left whole
- 1 avocado, sliced\
- 2 oranges, cut into medallions or supremes
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed under cold water
- 2 Tablespoons French Pantry Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon French Pantry Meyer Lemon Oil
- 2 Tablespoons French Pantry Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon French Pantry Provencal Lavender Honey
- ½ teaspoon French Pantry Herbs de Provence Mustard
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped in your Mini Herb Chopper
- French Pantry Lavender Salt & Pep Rally Pepper of choice, to taste
Combine the dressing ingredients in Eco Chop and pull several times to emulsify. If you are making the dressing ahead combine all the ingredients except the fresh mint in the Eco-Chop, pull to emulsify, then cover and put in the refrigerator until ready to use. Chop and add your mint to the dressing right before serving the salad.
Either plate up individual salads or build your salad on a serving platter. Create a layer of slightly overlapping lettuce leaves. Drizzle the lettuce layer with a bit of the dressing. Layer the oranges, avocado, and red onion over the dressed butter lettuce leaves.
Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Yield: 4 salads
bon TIPS: Double or Triple for Thanksgiving! You can also make this an entree salad by adding grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp. You can also replace the butter lettuce with spinach. Great with burrata as well!