Taste of France Brunch Bake
- 6 croissants, torn into medium pieces
- 2 tablespoons FRENCH PANTRY Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons FRENCH PANTRY Olive, Tomato Herb, or Artichoke Tapenade
- 1 tablespoon FRENCH PANTRY Herbs de Provence Mustard
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices, thick-style bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 12 medium eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F degrees. Place Grande Round Mold or Rectangular Flexipat on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook for 20 minutes until the onions become translucent and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove onions from pan and set aside. In the same pan, cook bacon pieces until done. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon, leaving bacon grease in pan to wilt spinach. Add spinach to bacon fat to wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.
In Stainless Mixing Bowl, whisk the eggs with milk, FRENCH PANTRY Herbs de Provence Mustard, FRENCH PANTRY Tapenade, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Add half of the torn croissants to the bottom of Flexipan. Then, layer onion, bacon, spinach mixture, and half of grated cheese. Then another layer of the remaining torn croissant pieces. Pour egg mixture over top of croissant layers and then cover them with the remaining cheese.
Bake in Flexipan covered with Bonmat for the first 30 minutes. Then, remove the Bonmat and continue baking for another 10 minutes to brown the top. The croissant bake is done when golden on top. Allow to set 5-10 minutes before serving.
bon Tip: Recipe can be assembled the night before and refrigerated until ready to bake.