Easy Cake Donuts
- 2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp maple flavoring
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 435° F degrees. Place Donut Tray on the Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
- In the Stainless Mixing Bowl, add dry ingredients and combine with a whisk.
- In another Stainless Mixing Bowl, combine butter, eggs and buttermilk. Use a whisk to combine. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Using your pastry bag fitted with your large round tip, fill pastry bag with donut batter. Fill each shape of the donut tray half full. Once full, tap bottom of tray to level batter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden and when pressed on lightly the donut bounces back.
- Let cool completely before unmolding. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar or frost your donuts.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 3 minutes while stirring, remove from heat. Add maple flavoring, heavy whipping cream and enough powdered sugar to make it spreadable, stir until smooth.
- Let frosting cool slightly before dipping donuts in frosting to coat. If needed, use your Mini Offset Spatula to spread.
- Place heavy cream in Mini Cake Mold and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds until almost boiling. Remove from microwave and immediately add chocolate chips to cream, but do not stir yet. Allow hot cream to start melting chocolate for 2-3 minutes before stirring. Stir until smooth and immediately dip or frost donuts.