Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- zest of 3 lemons
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees. Set Fluted bon Mold on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside. (You can also use the Spiral bon Mold & bon Bite Tray if you prefer).
- In Stainless Mixing Bowl sift flour, baking powder & salt and set aside.
- In stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar & lemon zest for approx. 2 minutes until well combined. Add eggs one at a time and combine well between each addition and scrape down the bowl at least once. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add ½ of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Slowly add the milk & vanilla until combined. Add the remaining flour and mix until combined.
- Pour or spoon batter into Flexipan of choice. Bake for approx. 40 minutes or until cake is cooked through. If using a smaller Flexipan tray like the bon Bite tray, your cook time will only be approx. 15-17 minutes. Cook until cake tester/toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before removing from Flexipan.
Glaze Options: Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 2-3 lemons)
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar (depending on how sweet & how thick you like your glaze)