Caramelized Pear, Onion & Gorgonzola Flatbread
- ¼ FRENCH PANTRY Herbed Pizza Dough, prepared
- 1 Tablespoon FRENCH PANTRY EVOO
- 1 Tablespoon FRENCH PANTRY Barrell Aged Traditional Balsamic
- 2 pears (Bartlett or Anjou), sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced with Mandoline
- 1 container (4-6 oz) Gorgonzola crumbles (my favorite is Boar’s Head)
- 1 small bunch of baby spinach (2-3 oz)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon FRENCH PANTRY Pep Rally Pepper Mill, pepper of choice to taste
- ½ – 1 teaspoon FRENCH PANTRY Lavendar Salt
Preheat oven to 450°F degrees. Place Silpain or Bonmat on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
Heat oil in large saucepan or saute pan and add pears, onion & balsamic. Caramelize everything for approx. 7-8 minutes until onions are very tender.
Using Roul’pat and Beechwood Rolling Pin, roll pizza dough very thin to the size of your Silpain or Bonmat. Transfer pizza dough from Roul’pat to Silpain or Bonmat and set aside.
Spread onion/pear mixture on top of pizza dough. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese crumbles. Place spinach leaves on top of Gorgonzola cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until flatbread is slightly browned and crisp.
When flatbread is finished baking, let cool slightly before cutting into pieces. Salt & pepper to taste if desired and drizzle with additional balsamic if desired.