White Balsamic Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1/2 cup FRENCH PANTRY Traditional White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar or FRENCH PANTRY Lavender Honey
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Tahitian Lime Oil
- 3 cucumbers
- 4 scallions or 1 small red onion
- 1 avocado (optional)
- FRENCH PANTRY Salt to taste
- FRENCH PANTRY Timut Pepper to taste
- Bring vinegar and sugar to boil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture reduces by half, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to Stainless Mixing Bowl and cool to room temperature. Then whisk in lime juice and lime oil.
- While vinegar is reducing, prep salad. Peel, seed, and using the Mandoline or Santuko Knife, cut the cucumber crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. With your Santuko Knife, thinly slice the scallions (white and light green parts) or the red onion. Dice avocado.
- In the Stainless Mixing Bowl, toss in cucumbers, scallions or red onion. Toss to coat cucumbers well, season with salt and pepper and let sit for 10 minutes to 1 hour. Serve.
*Note: Cucumbers’ high-water content often dilutes the dressings in cucumber salad recipes. To avoid that, we created a double-strength base for the dressing by simmering the vinegar and sugar until reduced, then adding seasonings. Once the dressing was tossed with the cucumbers, the water from the cucumbers diluted the base to create a final dressing with just the right potency.