- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef, pork, turkey or meat of choice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Bordeaux Wild Pepper Mustard
- 1 tbsp Tomato Herb Mustard
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Herb Blend of choice (Roasted Onion and Red Pepper or Roasted Garlic and Chive)
- 1 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt
- 1 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Madagascar Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees. Place Square Savarin Tray on Perforated Baking Sheet.
- Mix everything together in your Stainless Mixing Bowl.
- Press mixture into shapes of the Square Savarin Tray, careful to only fill ⅓ full so your sliders are not too thick. This recipe makes 20 sliders so you will want to do in batches or put remaining meat mixture in your Square Flexipat or other mold/tray of choice.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meat is done. If cheese is desired, add to the top of the sliders in the last 1-2 minutes of cooking to melt on top of the slider.
- 1 cup (240ml) whole milk, warmed to 110-115°F
- 1 pkg (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) Baking Yeast
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (84g) FRENCH PANTRY Lavender Honey
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt
- 3 1/2 cups (452g) bread flour
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, very soft
- 2 tbsp (42g) FRENCH PANTRY Lavender Honey
- Pour warm milk into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Stir in yeast and ½ tsp sugar into the milk and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- With the stand mixer running on low speed, add the honey, egg, egg yolk, melted butter, salt, and 3 cups of flour. Beat on low speed for 1 minute, then add remaining ½ cup of flour. Beat on low speed for 1 minute as it all combines. The dough should be thick, yet soft, and only slightly sticky. It should pull away from the sides of the bowl as it mixes. When it does, it is ready to knead. If, however, the dough is too sticky to handle– add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. Make sure you do not add too much extra flour; you want a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Form dough into a ball and turn it out onto the Roul Pat, knead for 2 minutes. Grease Stainless Mixing Bowl using FRENCH PANTRY Olive Oil and place dough in bowl. Turn the dough over to coat all sides. Cover the bowl with a Bonmat and place it in a warm environment to rise until doubled, about 2 hours. (*see note below)
- Once doubled in size, punch down the dough to release any air bubbles. Remove dough from the bowl and turn it out onto the Roul Pat. Punch down again to release all air bubbles. Using the Cake Server Knife, cut the dough in half. Cut each half into 10 equal pieces for a total of 20 pieces. Shape into balls as best you can and arrange in Rectangular Flexipat. Cover with Medium Bonmat and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Bake the rolls for 18-21 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the edges of each roll look cooked. While the rolls bake, mix the topping ingredients together to make a creamy honey butter. Remove the rolls from the oven and immediately brush rolls with honey butter using Silicone Pastry Brush. Let cool before cutting to use with your sliders.
*Make ahead tip/overnight: After dough has risen two hours, punch down the dough inside the mixing bowl and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or for up to 2 days, then remove from the refrigerator and continue with next step. bon TIP: Cover leftovers and keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months, then thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Warm up in a 300°F (149°C) oven for 10 minutes.