Raspberry Orange Cake
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt, divided
- 2 large oranges
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees. Place Sunflower, Spiral bon or Fluted bon Mold on Medium Perforated Baking Sheet. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and ¼ teaspoon salt in Stainless Mixing Bowl. Reserve 1 Tablespoon flour mixture to toss with raspberries.
- Use Le Petit Grater to zest oranges. Combine sugar and 2 Tablespoons orange zest in Eco Chop and pull cord handle a few times to infuse sugar. Juice the oranges with the Citrus Press. Set juice aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat butter on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add sugar zest mixture until combined. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Combine buttermilk, ¼ cup orange juice and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated. Toss raspberries with reserved flour mixture and gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into mold. Carefully tap the bottom of the baking sheet to remove air bubbles. Bake 45-50 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Invert cake onto serving platter.
- While the cake bakes, add 1 ½ Tablespoons orange juice to powdered sugar and ⅛ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. When cake is cool and removed from mold, drizzle with glaze.
bon TIP: Make sugared raspberries and orange slices for garnish. Whisk one egg white in a small bowl and coat all sides of orange slices and raspberries with Pastry Brush. Dip each piece in white sugar and allow to set 8 hours or longer.