Meyer Lemon Tart
For the crust:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tbsp milk
- 12 oz flour (about 2 1/3 cups)
- 1/4 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt
For the lemon curd:
- 1 1/4 pounds Meyer lemons (5-6) (1 cup of lemon juice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 large egg yolks
- 5 large eggs
- 5 1/2 oz (1 stick plus 3 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt
Instructions for crust:
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and milk, beating to combine. In Stainless Mixing Bowl, combine the flour and salt. Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture, stirring until completely blended. Gather dough into two balls. Freeze one for future use and chill the other for 30-60 minutes.
- Place Fluted Pie Mold on Perforated Baking Sheet. Press the dough into the Mold and up the sides using your Octagonal Bonmat to help with pressing the dough. Prick the bottom gently with a fork and evenly distribute pie weights (when using pie weights, I like to place a Medium Round Mold inside the Fluted Pie Mold with dough and add pie weights to the Medium Round Mold). Freeze for 30 minutes.
Instructions for lemon curd:
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon curd. First, use Le Petit Grater to zest lemons and set zest aside. Use Citrus Press to squeeze lemons until you have 1 cup of juice. Place Medium or Large Round Mold on a microwave-safe plate. Add sugar, egg yolks, and eggs and mix until well combined. Add lemon juice, butter, zest, and salt, stirring to mix well. Microwave on high at 1 minute intervals, stirring after each minute, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 4-6 minutes. Cover with Octagonal Bonmat and allow it to cool. It will thicken as it cools.
Optional bonTip for smooth lemon curd:
- Once cool enough to work with but still warm so it’s not too thick, run your curd through the Deep Dish Silform Mold or seive to remove the zest from the lemon curd.
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Bake tart shell until lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Spoon lemon curd into tart shell and smooth the top with Offset Spatula. Bake until filling has puffed around the edges, about 25-30 minutes. Cool to room temperature or chill before serving.
- bon TIP: To garnish, thinly slice lemons with Mandoline and place a few along one side of tart. You may wish to twist a slice. Additionally, sprinkle with a few fresh blueberries for a pop of color.