Healthier Pumpkin Donuts
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice pie blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris salt, finely ground
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour (or 1 cup flour, ¾ cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, finely ground with Eco Chop
- Optional topping of oats or raw sugar
Preheat oven to 435°F degrees. Place Donut Tray on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
In Stainless Mixing Bowl, using mini whisk combine oil and maple syrup until smooth. Add eggs and whisk well. Add the pumpkin puree, milk, spice blend, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt. Add the flour and oats and stir until combined.
Fill Pastry Bag (fitted with the large round tip) with batter. Fill Donut Tray (only ½ full) with batter and tap bottom of tray to level batter before putting in the oven.
Cook for 8-10 minutes or until done. You can test with a toothpick or lightly touch the top of the donuts and when the donut bounces back and does not leave an indent from your touch, the donuts are ready.
Cool slightly or completely before removing from the tray. These donuts will come out cleanly even when they are very warm so you can serve warm if you like. The donuts are great served as is, but if you want to make them a little sweeter and more of a treat you can dip in melted butter and then dip in the sugar mixture (optional).
- ½ cup sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Melt 1/2 cup butter in Mini Round Mold. Dip each donut in the melted butter and immediately dip donut in sugar mixture. Place on Roul’pat to cool and allow the sugar to set. Enjoy!