Healthier Pumpkin Muffins
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice pie blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris salt, finely ground
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour (or 1 cup flour, ¾ cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, finely ground with Eco Chop
- Optional topping of oats or raw sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Place Flexipan Tray of choice on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
In Stainless Mixing Bowl, using mini whisk combine oil and maple syrup until smooth. Add eggs and whisk well. Add the pumpkin puree, milk, spice blend, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt.
Add the flour and oats and stir until combined.
Fill each shape of the tray 2/3 full, tap bottom of the tray to level batter. If you chose to top the muffins with oats or raw sugar, you will do so at this stage.
Cook for 16-20 minutes (depending on tray you’re using) or until done.
- Mini Muffin Tray – 16 minutes
- Classic Muffin Tray – 20 minutes
- Square Savarin Tray – 20 minutes
Cool slightly or completely before removing from the tray. These muffins will come out cleanly even when they are very warm so you can serve warm if you like.