Apple Coffee Cake
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces block-style regular cream cheese, softened (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups peeled, chopped Rome apples (about 2 large)
Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, vanilla, and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes). Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, coat apples with 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon mixture, then stir apple mixture into batter. Pour batter into the Large Round Mold and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
Bake for 50-60 minutes . Cool the cake on wire rack and unmold by folding down sides and transfer to serving platter of choice.