Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs (8 whole crackers in EcoChop)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon (zest & 1 tbsp juice) (Le Petite Grater and CitrusPress are very helpful)
- Preheat oven to 325°F degrees.
- Combine graham crackers, melted butter and sugar in small bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined, like the texture of wet sand.
- Place Flexipan Mini muffin or Medium Tartlet Tray onto Medium Perforated Baking Sheet. Spoon into to each well approx. 1/2 Tbsp. crumb mixture and compress crumbs with Shaper and set tray aside.
- Place softened cream cheese into stand mixer with paddle attachment or mixing bowl. Add sugar and beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down the sides here and there. While beating add eggs one at a time until incorporated and then add sour cream, lemon zest and approx. 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. Mix until well combined, making sure to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each well and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cheesecakes are set. They may jiggle a bit. Do not overcook them. If they start to crack they are getting over cooked.
- Allow them to cool on the counter for about an hour and then refrigerate for several hours before serving. If you are making them a day ahead of time, be sure to cover with your Bonmat to keep the flavors intact.
- Top with your favorite FRENCH PANTRY jam to serve.
bonTIP: This recipe makes more filling then is needed so if you would like you could increase the crust recipe by 50% to use all of the filling. If making a Classic Muffin size cheesecake then the filling is the right amount and you will use approx.. 1 Tablespoon of the crust mixture per muffin cup.