Sugar Free Mini Cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup swerve sugar substitute (confectioner) or ¼ cup sugar if not making them sugar free
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup swerve (confectioners) or ½ cup sugar if not making them sugar free
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon (zest & 1 tbsp juice)
- Preheat oven to 325°F degrees.
- To make the crust, lightly toast the almond flour in a dry skillet or pan over medium heat until fragrant, lightly golden, about 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer toasted almond flour to Stainless Mixing Bowl and let cool. When cooled, combine with sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and melted butter. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place mini muffin tray onto perforated baking sheet. Spoon into each well approx. 1/2 Tbsp. crumb mixture and compress crumbs with shaper and set tray aside.
- Place softened cream cheese into stand mixer with paddle attachment or mixing bowl. Add sweetener and beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down the sides here and there. While beating, add eggs one at a time until incorporated and then add sour cream, lemon zest and approx. 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. Mix until well combined, making sure to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each well and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cheesecakes are set. They may jiggle a bit. Do not overcook them. If they start to crack they are getting over cooked.
- Allow them to cool on the counter for about an hour and then refrigerate for several hours until you are ready to serve them. If you are making them a day ahead of time, be sure to cover with your Bonmat to keep the flavors intact.
- Top with your favorite FRENCH PANTRY jam of choice!
bonTIP: This recipe makes more filling then is needed so if you would like you could increase the crust recipe by 50% to use all of the filling. If making a Classic Muffin size cheesecake then the filling is the right amount and you will use approx.. 1 Tablespoon of the crust mixture per muffin cup.