Lighter Chicken Parmesan
- 1 24-oz jar good quality marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Traditional Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (pounded to even thickness)
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Tuscan Herb Oil
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Rosemary, Basil, Thyme Herb Blend
- FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt & Pepper of choice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley chopped in Eco-Chop
- 12 oz gluten-free or whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Place the Grande Round Mold or 13x9x2” Rectangular Flexipat on a Perforated Baking Sheet.
- Pour the marinara and vinegar into the Small Round Mold, stir to combine, and cover with the Octagonal Bonmat. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken, oil, herb blend, and salt and pepper to taste in the Grande Round Mold and toss. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the marinara and scatter both cheeses evenly over the top. Bake until the chicken is cooked through registering 160° on the instant-read thermometer, approximately 10 minutes.
- If serving with pasta, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Place the pasta on a serving platter and top with the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with the parsley. Serves 4.
Bon TIPS: Precut chicken tenders are great for this recipe Can also serve atop zoodles or with crusty bread. Or serve on rolls for a fabulous Chicken Parm sandwich.