Baked Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Herb blend of choice - optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees and place Medium Round mold on Medium Perforated baking sheet.
- Pour rice into mold and set aside. Boil water with oil, then stir in salt (and herb blend, if using) and immediately dump over rice. Stir to combine and top with octagonal bonMAT.
- Bake covered with bonMAT for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to sit covered for 5 minutes. Then carefully remove Octagonal bonMAT and stir to fluff rice.
Many ways to get creative with this basic recipe! My favorite basic rice: Use Garlic oil and Zesty Mediterranean Herb Blend and bake as directed. Cilantro Lime rice: use Tahitian Lime oil and add chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice after baking. Tuscan Herb rice: use Tuscan herb oil Rosemary Basil and Thyme herb blend and stir in chopped fresh parsley and parmesan cheese after baking. Basil Sundried Tomato rice: Use basil oil and add chopped fresh basil, sundried tomatoes, and crumbled feta or goat cheese after baking. Coconut Rice: Substitute 1 can of coconut milk for a portion of the water. Brown Rice Pilaf: Stir in ¼ cup dried golden raisins or red currants and ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds or pine nuts. Bon TIP: Recipe can be doubled, just use Large Round.