Chocolate Covered Rice Krispy Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 50 large marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- semi-sweet or white chocolate chips
- Place your Petal Tray on a Medium Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
- First make the chocolate shell. Melt your chocolate chips in your Mini Round Mold in the microwave, heating at 50% power and stirring at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of the melted chocolate into each well of the Petal Tray and using your Silicone Pastry Brush, brush chocolate up the sides of the well until completely coated. Add additional melted chocolate as needed to coat the entire well with the chocolate.
- Place the Petal Tray and Medium Perforated Baking Sheet into the refrigerator while you prepare the Rice Krispy Treats.
- To prepare the Rice Krispy treats, place the butter in your Large Round Mold and microwave for 20-30 seconds until fully melted.
- Add the marshmallows and stir with your Heat Resistant Spatula until the marshmallows are completely coated in butter.
- Place your Large Round Mold back in the microwave for 1 ½ -2 minutes. Microwaves vary in power, so you are looking for your marshmallows to be white and fluffy, starting to melt, and beginning to rise over the edge of your Mold. Then, you’re ready to add the Rice Krispies.
- Stir in the Rice Krispy cereal with your Heat Resistant Spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Remove your prepared Petal Tray from the refrigerator and portion out the Rice Krispy mixture into the wells of the petal tray. Allow the mixture to cool 2-3 minutes and then use a Bonmat to press the mixture into the wells.
- Return the tray to the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes before unmolding.
bon TIP: These are so fun to eat and gift! Wrap up the Petal Tray Rice Krispy Treats in a cellophane bag and tie with a bow! You can use any bon COOK Tray or Mold for this recipe!