Asparagus Gruyere Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 lbs medium or thick asparagus
- FRENCH PANTRY salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Lay puff pastry on the Roul'Pat. Gently and quickly, roll out the puff pastry to a 13"x9" rectangle. Using the backside of the Cake Server Knife, cut straight edges around the pastry, being sure not to cut the Roul'Pat.
- Place the pastry in Flexiflat. Using he backside of your Cake Server Knife, score pastry dough one inch from the edge making an inner rectangle. With a fork, gently pierce the inner rectangle once or twice per inch. Again, be careful not to piece the Flexiflat.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove the dish from the oven. Sprinkle cheese atop the pastry. Trim the asparagus to fit the inner rectangle of the pastry so it will be as pretty as it is tasty. Place asparagus in a single layer over the cheese and alternate the tips and ends. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
Bon TIP: Get creative and substitute your family's favorite vegetables.