Zucchini Cheddar Herb Bread
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated in your Eco-Chop
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Roasted Garlic & Chive Herb Blend
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Traditional White Balsamic
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter melted in the Mini Round Mold
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat over to 325℉. Place your Large Loaf, Fluted Loaf or two 8-Slice Loaf Molds on a Medium Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
- Wrap grated zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze until some of the liquid releases. You don't need to completely dry it out, just press out some of the moisture so your loaves don't get soggy.
- In your Stainless Mixing Bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Herb Blend.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar. The milk will curdle a bit... viola! You just made homemade buttermilk! Mix in melted butter and egg.
- Add milk mixture to dry mixture being careful not to over mix (over mixing will make for a low rising bread).
- Add grated zucchini, cheese and onions. Mix lightly until just combined.
- Pour batter into your Large Loaf or Fluted Loaf Mold, or divide batter between two 8-Slice Loaf Molds. Bake at 325℉ degrees for 60-70 minutes.
- If a toothpick inserted comes out clean, the bread s done! Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove carefully and cool on a wire rack.
Bon TIP: you can substitute one cup of buttermilk for the 1 cup milk + 1 tbsp vinegar. To make in your Classic Muffin Tray, check at 30-35 minutes.