Basmati Rice in the Microwave
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 4 cups water room temperature
- 2 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp FRENCH PANTRY Sel Gris Salt
- Add your Basmati rice to your Large Round Mold and rinse by swishing rice under cold water and pinching the side of your Large Round Mold to drain. This rinses off the extra starch and will keep your rice from sticking and clumping.
- Place your Large Round Mold on a microwave-safe plate and add 4 cups of room temperature water to your rice. Add the Olive Oil and Salt, and stir gently with your Heat Resistant Spatula to dissolve the Salt.
- Cover with your Octagonal Bonmat and cook in the microwave for 15 minutes. Then remove the Octagonal Bonmat and check for doneness (final cook time will depend on the strength of your microwave). The rice will be done when the water is fully absorbed and the individual grains are tender; the grains shouldn’t look wet or mushy. If the rice isn’t done, microwave an additional 5 minutes uncovered, or until done.
- After the rice is cooked, let it rest, undisturbed, in the closed microwave for another 5 minutes, then gently fluff it with your Heat Resistant Spatula to serve.
Bon TIP: For extra elongated grains and even more flavor, you can soak your rice for 20 minutes or more after you have added the water, FRENCH PANTRY Olive Oil and Salt. I usually prepare the rice up to that point in the morning, cover with my Octagonal Bonmat and set it on the counter until I’m ready to cook it!