Brown Butter Cake With Pears
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 fresh pear peeled & sliced into 16 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Place your Daisy Mold on your Medium Perforated Baking Sheet.
- To make your brown butter, place the 8 Tablespoons of butter in your Small Round Mold. Place the Mold on a microwave-safe plate and cover with your Octagonal Bonmat. Microwave on high for two minutes and 30 seconds. Carefully remove from the microwave and check the butter to see if it is beginning to brown. (The plate will get hot during the possess, so it is easiest to use a kitchen towel to remove it from the microwave.) Do not stir. It will likely take up to four minutes depending on your microwave. Process in 30 second intervals and check in between, as you do not want to burn the butter. When the butter smells nutty, and the solids are browned it is done. Allow the browned butter to cool to room temperature, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the solids.
- In your Stainless Mixing Bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes. Fold in the all-purpose flour and baking powder. Mix in the cooled brown butter.
- Arrange your sliced pears in the bottom of your Daisy Mold, following the pattern of the mold to create a daisy shape. Pour the batter over the pears into the Daisy Mold.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Your cake is ready when a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely and unmold onto a cake plate or serving platter.
Bon TIP: Can substitute 1 (15 ounce) can of pears in juice, drained, in place of fresh pears. This recipe is gorgeous in the Daisy Mold as written but can also be done individually in one of our Trays, such as the Square Savarin or Classic Muffin Tray.