Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped in the Eco-Chop
- 2 cloves garlic, minced in the Mini Herb Chopper
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 tbsp FRENCH PANTRY Roasted Garlic & Chive Herb Blend
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated with Le Petit Grater
- 1 8-oz can water chestnuts, chopped in the Eco-Chop
- Sriracha, to taste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- FRENCH PANTRY Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Place the Medium Round Mold on a microwave safe plate. Add the oil, onion, and garlic and toss to combine. Cover with the Octagonal Bonmat and microwave on high for two minutes. Add the ground chicken, breaking it up into small pieces as added. Cover and microwave for two minutes. Use the Signature Spatula to mix and chop the chicken into very small pieces.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except the lettuce and stir to thoroughly combine. Cover and return to the microwave for four minutes. Carefully remove the cover lifting from the side furthest from you, as the mixture will be bubbling and let off hot steam. Give it one more good stir before building the wraps.
- Wash and separate the lettuce into individual leaves. To serve, spoon a few tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of each leaf, taco style. Serves 4.
Bon TIP: The plate may become very hot during the microwave process. The easiest way to remove it from the oven is to use a kitchen towel rather than hot pads, as the towel is much more flexible and makes it easier to grasp the plate. For a French-Asian fusion flair, top with our FRENCH PANTRY Chipotle or Garlic Aioli.