Apple Pie Ring
- 3 sheets puff pastry (thawed in refrigerator)
- 4-5 apples chopped in Eco-Chop (with peel on or off, your choice)
- 1/4 sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp butter (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees. Set Ring Mold on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
- In Mixing Bowl, combine chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- Place thawed puff pastry sheet on Roul’pat and gently roll seams together to create one sheet of puff pastry with no seams but DO NOT ROLL too thin, you want the puff pastry to stay as close to the thickness it is when you first unfold the sheet.
- Using your cake server knife cut diagonal lines approx. 1inch thick on the two outside one-thirds of the puff pastry sheet. Gently transfer to the ring mold. Fill with 1/3 of the apple filling, place a few cubes of butter on top of apples and cross puff pastry over top of filling to create a crisscross pattern. Repeat with the other 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- Whisk egg with your Mini Whisk and using your Silicone Pastry Brush, brush the entire top of the pie ring with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until puff pastry if golden brown. Let cool at least 30minutes before unmolding. The pie ring will set up as it cools so if it appears to have too much juice after baking, just let it cool and it will set up.
- To unmold, place the Forteez Ring Mold on top of your serving plate, gently roll the edge of the mold under the pie ring and it will slide under your serving plate. You will need to gently press the center of the mold down as the pie ring slides out.
- You can have fun with the fillings and even try some different savory combinations.
- See the pictures below to help with the vision of the instructions.